trailing slash on upgrade to 3.0

Kevin Coyner

I'm upgrading from CP 2.1 to CP 3.0 rc1 and have noticed that
previously, I could input a URL without a trailing slash, i.e.

    http://connchallenge.com/bikesafety

and CP would magically add the trailing slash to bikesafety and
display the page.

Now, as I upgrade to CP 3.0, I'm finding that if I add the trailing
slash, the page displays just fine, i.e.

    http://connchallenge.com/bikesafety/

but does not if I leave off the slash.

The error message that comes up is that Firefox cannot "make a
connection to the server at localhost:17700".  I'm running CP behind
Apache and am using port 17700.

Since I won't always be able to count on viewers to add the slash,
is there someway to insure the page will display?

Thanks.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941

Re: trailing slash on upgrade to 3.0

Kevin Coyner

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 11:13:14AM -0500, Kevin Coyner wrote......

> Now, as I upgrade to CP 3.0, I'm finding that if I add the
> trailing slash, the page displays just fine, i.e.
>
>    http://connchallenge.com/bikesafety/
>
> but does not if I leave off the slash.
>
> The error message that comes up is that Firefox cannot "make a
> connection to the server at localhost:17700".  I'm running CP
> behind Apache and am using port 17700.

Figured it out, so sorry for the unneeded posting.

In version 2.1, in my config file, I had:

    baseUrlFilter.on = True
    baseUrlFilter.useXForwardedHost = True

So in version 3.0, in my config file, I added:

tools.proxy.on = True

and all is well now.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941