unable to install PIL on Win7 64-bit

Siddharth Jain
please help. i have a machine with a fresh installation of windows7 64 bit. i have installed python 2.5. i downloaded this file:http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe but when i run it i get following message:
---------------------------
PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Re: unable to install PIL on Win7 64-bit

Edward Cannon
you got the 32 bit version, you probably need the 64 bit build, or
perhaps you need the appropriate dll, try getting it from Microsoft.
Edward Cannon
Unicorn School
PS search the mailing list archives for 64 bit builds
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Siddharth Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> please help. i have a machine with a fresh installation of windows7 64 bit. i have installed python 2.5. i downloaded this file:http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe but when i run it i get following message:
> ---------------------------
> PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe - System Error

Re: unable to install PIL on Win7 64-bit

Siddharth Jain
i installed the 64 bit version from a link to uci.edu/~gohkle something like that. that version should be listed on official website.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Siddharth Jain <fd97207@...> wrote:

> please help. i have a machine with a fresh installation of windows7 64 bit. i have installed python 2.5. i downloaded this file:http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe but when i run it i get following message:
> ---------------------------
> PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe - System Error

Re: unable to install PIL on Win7 64-bit

Chris Barker
Edward Cannon wrote:
> you got the 32 bit version, you probably need the 64 bit build,

That is certainly it.

If there isn't one on the PIL website, try here:

http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Great source of Windows Python package binaries.

-Chris

  or

> perhaps you need the appropriate dll, try getting it from Microsoft.
> Edward Cannon
> Unicorn School
> PS search the mailing list archives for 64 bit builds
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Siddharth Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> please help. i have a machine with a fresh installation of windows7 64 bit. i have installed python 2.5. i downloaded this file:http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe but when i run it i get following message:
>> PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.5.exe - System Error

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R            (206) 526-6959   voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
Seattle, WA  98115       (206) 526-6317   main reception