version_info

Rob Healey
Greetings:

Could anyone tell me why distutils and distutils2 do NOT have
available 'version_info'?  I have to use '__version__' to get their
version information ...

I know that Distutils2 is certainly not close to being production
ready, but I am just curious?

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: version_info

Éric Araujo
Hello,

> Could anyone tell me why distutils and distutils2 do NOT have
> available 'version_info'?  I have to use '__version__' to get their
> version information ...
__version__ is semi-standard and version_info even less.  PEP 396
attempts to improve this but is not accepted yet.  Anyway if you want to
do comparisons (which I assume is the reason you want a version_info)
you can just use __version__ with the
distutils2.version.NormalizedVersion class.

Regards