Quantcast

vext - use pygtk, gtk3 and other libraries in a virtualenv

vext - use pygtk, gtk3 and other libraries in a virtualenv

Stuart Axon
Hi,
   Currently pygtk doesn't install in a virtualenv using 'pip install pygtk'.   I've made 'vext.pygtk' which lets you use the system pygtk.

To use it:

Install pygtk as normal.

In your virtualenv:

Make sure pip and setuptools are up to date
$ pip install -U setuptools pip

Install:
$ pip install vext.pygtk

For Gtk3:

$ pip install vext.gi

The project lives here
github.com/stuaxo/vext

It's a bit of a hack, hopefully it's useful for someone, I've been using this for shoebot for the last few months and it seems to work OK for Windows and Linux at least (OSX is untested right now).

There are also vext modules for pyqt4, pygame and panda3d

Cheers