wait for new clipboard data?

Reckoner
I'm doing some automation using Python and I'm looking for something
similar to Autohotkey's Clipwait function.

see here:  http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ClipWait.htm

This basically waits for new clipboard data after a previous copy
operation (like  ctrl+c).

Thanks!

Re: wait for new clipboard data?

Mark Hammond-4
I think there is a clipboard watcher concept, but pywin32 doesn't expose
it.  One option might be to simply poll
win32clipboard.GetClipboardSequenceNumber() - but the docs list some
caveats which might mean it doesn't work in all cases (specifically in
delayed rendering)

Cheers,

Mark