webp support?

Josh Bleecher Snyder
Hi,

I was wondering whether webp support (encoding, decoding) was on the
PIL roadmap.

I was going to hack together a cPython extension for myself, but if it
might be coming soon I'll hold off; alternatively, I could also try to
put together a contribution to PIL. (Caveats on that: it'd probably
have to be cPython only for now and I'd be new to PIL development so
I'd most likely need a few pointers.)

Thanks,
Josh

Re: webp support?

Fredrik Lundh
I just added WebP support to the development tree; see:

  http://offline.effbot.org/europython

for code snippets and links.

</F>

2010/11/24 Josh Bleecher Snyder <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether webp support (encoding, decoding) was on the
> PIL roadmap.
>
> I was going to hack together a cPython extension for myself, but if it
> might be coming soon I'll hold off; alternatively, I could also try to
> put together a contribution to PIL. (Caveats on that: it'd probably
> have to be cPython only for now and I'd be new to PIL development so
> I'd most likely need a few pointers.)
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Re: webp support?

Charlie Clark-6
Am 29.06.2011, 13:45 Uhr, schrieb Fredrik Lundh <[hidden email]>:

> I just added WebP support to the development tree; see:
>  http://offline.effbot.org/europython
> for code snippets and links.

Thanks very much for this effbot! webp is a great image format.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director