window 7 and PIL 1.1.7

Edward Cannon
I just got a new windows 7 machine. I installed python 2.6 and it
works just fine. I downloaded the PIL 1.1.7 installer and I get the
following error "python 2.6 required, which was not found in the
registry." Any ideas?
Edward
Unicorn School

Re: window 7 and PIL 1.1.7

Edward Cormier
If I remember rightly, you need to add a link to python.exe to your PATH
variable.

Try Start Icon -> Right click on "Computer"
and go to Advanced System Settings.

Then go to "Environment Variables" on the Advanced Tab.
Find "Path" in the list of system variables at the bottom and add a link
to the python.exe file at the end.

Hope you find it.
Another Edward.
> I just got a new windows 7 machine. I installed python 2.6 and it
> works just fine. I downloaded the PIL 1.1.7 installer and I get the
> following error "python 2.6 required, which was not found in the
> registry." Any ideas?
> Edward
> Unicorn School

Re: window 7 and PIL 1.1.7

Fredrik Lundh
32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 (and Python)?  The PythonWare builds are all 32-bit.

PIL uses the standard Python binary installers, so you might want to
look for solutions in other Python forums as well.

And if nothing else helps, there's always this:

    http://effbot.org/zone/python-register.htm

(which may or may not do the right thing on Windows 7; haven't tested,
but I seem to remember that people have used it successfully on Vista)

</F>

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Edward Cannon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just got a new windows 7 machine. I installed python 2.6 and it
> works just fine. I downloaded the PIL 1.1.7 installer and I get the
> following error "python 2.6 required, which was not found in the
> registry." Any ideas?
> Edward
> Unicorn School

Re: window 7 and PIL 1.1.7

Fredrik Lundh
On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Fredrik Lundh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 (and Python)?  The PythonWare builds are all 32-bit.

At this time, at least -- I'm looking into ways to get 64-bit builds
into the normal workflow.  In the meantime, contributions are welcome
(that's true for Mac OS X builds too).

(does anyone here know what happened to that Python build farm they
were working on some time back, btw?)

</F>

Re: window 7 and PIL 1.1.7

Edward Cannon
64 bit Windows and Python, that might be the problem. I did try the
register python script, it seemed to think there was a python version
installed (there is), and therefore did not help. I will look around
for 64 bit builds or see what I can do.
Edward