Quantcast

wsgiserver: redirect instead of error for HTTP request over SSL

wsgiserver: redirect instead of error for HTTP request over SSL

Forest Bond
Hi,

The CherryPy WSGI server sends an HTTP 400 response when a plain HTTP request is
unexpectedly received by a server expecting SSL.  It seems reasonable to instead
redirect the client to use HTTPS.  I suppose this could be configurable to
maintain backwards compatibility.  I would be happy to provide a patch if it
would be accepted.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond
rapidrollout.com / alittletooquiet.net / pytagsfs.org